Websites Offline - SRMZ, GPL Repository, GPLTD
Hi Stefan.

Any updates?.

I sincerely hope Bill is OK.

Paul.
Sorry, no news of Bill yet.
Regards
Stefan
The first GPLLINKS page was "Hot Grid's Grand Prix Legends Ultimate Links," from the UK launched probably sometime in early 1999, founded by "real racers," which also featured a very detailed guide to driving a GPL car, (as I recall).

Since the first "ultimate links" page there has always been an on-line gpllinks page as its benefit to all with interest has brought a succession of owners and hosts that has kept the page on-line continuously for 23-years.

In the meantime, once the place to find stuff was the download pages of USPits, then RSC posts, then The Track Database, then The Alternative Track Database, then SRMZ...

Once the GPLEA site was a primary source. Once there was blackholemotorsports.

Now probably You Tube is the best front door access to Grand Prix Legends?

More likely it seems many newbie drivers come from other racesims and learn of GPL there. No doubt there are some who learn of iRacing and its history, then maybe watch a DK interview?

Diversification of cost and risk, with multiple mirrors and back-ups, offers most security to any effort.
"The Fallacy of Being Correct" is when you think there can only be one answer...yours.

Smile
(09.04.2022, 19:42)Bob B. Wrote: It's Bob (Royale)  Once SRMZ is back it is easy to set up a new secure forum for GPL as well on an existing server like I have if anyone wanted that option. Costs would be almost nothing.

Bob, 1.000.000 percent THIS!
I have been suggesting doing that several times over / during the last few outages and offered to host them locally, however, I don't have the time to do that right now. But what I would do is, keep a local archive of everything to have something to go back to once things bonked again. If anything, space shouldn't be an issue here (or nowadays in general). I'm not sure how (and if it is possible) to back up the files from the various post separately or if you basically just clone the entire forum database. Having a clone of the forum DB will be the fastest way. However, you will also likely be stuck with that forum software (and whatever the running costs / licensing or whatnot of that may be).

-Cheers,
Roman
I wish to say again, I'm happy to try and help in any way.

I'm obviously not for one moment trying to stop Bill from doing what he does or wants to do.
But I'm happy as we all are to donate.

I can donate money and PC or Server
equipment and parts etc.

I would very much like help in any way to get SRMZ back up n running.

If someone had a backup or clone, it's possible to migrate a forum to new software.

All the best, Paul.
Throwing my hat in the ring as well. I do have control of RSC back these days. There isn't an active forum at all, but I wouldn't mind having one and do hold licenses for a couple.

Also willing to host the trackdb provided I can verify how much costs would be.
(12.04.2022, 22:21)88mphtim Wrote: Throwing my hat in the ring as well. I do have control of RSC back these days. There isn't an active forum at all, but I wouldn't mind having one and do hold licenses for a couple.

Also willing to host the trackdb provided I can verify how much costs would be.

There could and imo should be a lot of front door portals enabling linked access to distributed mirrored storage of "GPL assets" such a "track database network." Access to network could be moderated license?

Or taking a clue from the Modder's Manifesto, could be as it always has been those who want to do something do what they want.

Also not mentioned so far maybe are the links from everywhere that connect to bcsims which now are dead links.

Hey!
Smile
I see that srmz.net is still down. How much data has been lost? So many GPL add-ons were available only on srmz.net
Hi guys, davef here. I was taking a look around here and see that it looks like file attachments can be done.
I saw where Ginetto did one awhile back on his Riverside 66 update thread.
Smile
I try to establish contact with a member of the forum but the message don't appear in the folder "sent item".Do i something wrong?